Sunday 3 June 2012

Week 1 - Day 1 - 8 Week Workout Challenge - 30 Day Shred Level 1


Week 1 (3rd to 10th June)- Day 1 - Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred Level 1 - 

This is the first time I've done this DVD, the workout consists of a warm up, strength training (arms, legs, butt and abs) for which I used a 1.5kg/3.3 lb weight, cardio intervals and a cool down.

Pros

  • I felt sufficiently challenged particularly on the strength training for the arms and I liked the fact that it was a combination of lifting light weights and cardio.  
  • It's only 30 minutes which fits in with my lifestyle perfectly
  • All main wibbly wobbly areas are targeted: arms, tummy, thighs and bums.
  • Her assistants demonstrate modified (easier) or advanced (more challenging) versions of the strength exercises

Cons

  • For the days when I feel really stressed, uptight and ever so slightly like a grizzly bear gone wrong, I think I would be better off doing all Yoga or Cardio though as I find these get all the stress out and help me to relax more.
  • All the cardio is high impact, no low impact versions are shown which is ok for me but if you are a beginner or have any previous joint injuries this may not be so suitable.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...