Wednesday 27 April 2011

Upcycled Plastic Bottle to Make Up Brush Holder

Ok, so as you can maybe guess from this and my previous post,  I have been reorganising my make up and really wanted a holder to put my brushes in.  Anyway I decided to make one out of an old clear plastic bottle (2 litre type), the first thing I did was cut the bottle in half which was tall enough to contain the height of my brushes.

Here it is with the brushes.

Next I measured the circumference of the bottle, realised my pretty paper was a little to narrow to fit all the way around in one strip so had to do a little joining of pieces on to the bottle.



Ok, so here is the bottle with the strips of paper glued to it.  I added a layer of clear glaze (suitable for paper) on top of the paper and sprinkled a little gold and pink glitter on there as well.  

Now, you can see that the bottom of the bottle/brush holder is a weird shape, so I lightly sanded this with fine sandpaper (it helps the acrylic paint to adhere) and painted on some hot pink acrylic paint with a little glitter.  

Lastly I covered the paper joins and the top rim with some cute trims that I had spare.  I just added these with super glue.


 And voila, here is my upcycled plastic bottle turned make up holder.  I am thinking of adding a thin layer of clear varnish to the bit that I painted but will do that later :0)











Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...