Sunday 17 April 2011

Lekala Patterns Review 1...from Russia with Love?

Ok, so I have been toying with the idea of buying some of these Lekala downloadable sewing patterns for a while...so I bit the bullet and spent 5 euros for 10 patterns/units, a bargain...I will do an individual pattern review as I go along.  There's a great range of patterns on their site, some are really quite unusual and just to let you know the "knittings" section is for knits, it took me ages to suss this out and as I am rather partial to jersey fabric, this was great.

Anyway, in order to get your patterns you first need to purchase them via Soft Key, which I did and paid easily with Paypal.  Within a few minutes Soft Key sent me my account registration details (keep a note of them) and then the activation code needed to register with Lekala and then lastly the 15 digit number which Lekala require when purchasing your patterns.  It all sounds a bit complicated, but it was easy and all came through really quickly via email along with instructions for the next step...just remember to keep a note of your passwords and activation codes

The next thing I did, was decide on my patterns (you don't need to choose them all at once, just keep a note of how many units/patterns you have used and  your "password for the construction of patterns") clicked to order and entered my measurements in centimetres and the 15 digit passcode.  I chose the patterns without a seam allowance as I think this option counts for 2 units/patterns instead of the 1 unit without the seam allowance included.  Its easy to add the seam allowance in whilst you're sticking together and cutting out your pattern.

I chose the patterns to be sent to me in PDF format, A4 sized paper and they all arrived within an hour of entering the details, fab.  The patterns are really easy and simple to print off and stick together (not too many pages either, I think the biggest is 30 pages but most tops and simple dresses are like 14 pages), I printed with no scaling at 100% actual size.

I copied and pasted the instructions and the photo of each pattern from the Lekala website (some of which were dodgy Russian to English translations lol) into Word and saved under the pattern number.  Even though some of the translation is a little peculiar, if you have basic common sense and some sewing experience, you can get by...I hope!!!!

Well, that is all I can report for now and I am happy with the service speed and process of receiving the patterns and will report back once I get down to sewing individual pieces. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...