Tuesday 23 February 2010

Space Saving for Apartment/Balcony Gardeners Pt 1

Ok, so finding space in my home for my seedlings which have graduated from the Grow Light Box is becoming a challenge. It's still too early to harden them off and put them outside and I have limited window sill space as one side of my flat only receives the morning sun (which in Stockport is too weak to see or feel right now), leaving me with just 3 window sills to work with

Anyway, I have put my thinking cap on and found these Shower Caddy's in Matalan. The first is a stick on , has 2 shelves (£4) and is currently housing my 6 Little Gem Lettuce Seedlings. I have stuck this firmly to one of the fixed windows in my lounge and have given it a little push and tug just to test that it is secure.  I wouldn't advise sticking one of these to a window that opens unless you want to remove your seedlings each time you do :0)




The second shower caddy is a corner unit (£6) and fits perfectly on my kitchen window sill, has 3 shelves and I think it could easily hold 4 seed pots per shelf.  I have put this one in the kitchen and for now, just have some Spinach growing on there.

Perfect! and I still have room for another one or two of each! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I'll be doing the same this weekend looking for space in my small flat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a great tip if ever I heard one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...