Wednesday 9 February 2011

Valentines Melt and Pour Soaps

Spring Inspired Valentines Soap
I melt my soap using the double boiler (dish over pan of simmering water)
but some people choose to use the microwave, either are just fine :0)
I used Food/Cosmetic Grade Liquid Colourants and Cosmetic Grade Fragrance Oils


 Valentines Layered Soap with Spring Inspired Embeds




Valentines Soap Cupcakes



 Sorry...it's a bit difficult to read this...the soap icing/frosting is made by melting white melt and pour soap.  Once melted, add 1 tbs of liquid castille soap to each ounce of melt and pour soap...add any colourant and whisk with an electric mixer until it resembles icing.  I made 2oz and this was plenty, enough to make some little wax tarts...see below

And these are the "tarts" from the left over icing with a few embeds thrown in there!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your soaps are too cute! I have always wanted tm make my own soap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shabby Soul, have a play, its great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...